Our country is experiencing uncertain times as a result of the global pandemic. West Coast Sitters is committed to helping to prevent the spread and contraction of COVID-19. We have introduced new measures that follow the recommendations provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICIES
We are asking caregivers to follow the Public Health Agency’s recommendations:
- Stay home and self quarantine if you or anyone in your household are feeling any type of cold and/or flu symptoms.
- Stay home and self quarantine if you or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 7 days
- Wash Hands!! Frequently wash your hands and the children’s hands before & after engaging in activities (indoor or outdoor) and in-between snacks/meals. The recommended time for handwashing is at least 20 seconds.
- If a sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them. The Alcohol content should be 70% or higher.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw away immediately
Although we have safety procedures in place, COVID-19 spreads rapidly and we cannot guarantee that you will not contract the virus from others, as well as childcare providers.
To protect the health and safety of our caregivers, we may be unable to provide childcare services to households due to the following circumstances:
- A member of the household has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 7 days
- A member of the household has been instructed by health authorities, school, or employer to self-quarantine
- A member of the household has developed COVID-19 symptoms such as a cold and flu within the last 7 days.
- If a member of the household has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they must wait 7 days before booking a Babysitter.